is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of UK data protection law, the data controller is Peter Woods (London) Ltd.1. Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:Information you give us.
This is information about you that you provide to us by filling in forms on our website, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.Information we collect about you
. With regards to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and information about your visit2. Cookies
We use information held about you in the following ways:
3.1 Information you give to us
We will use this information:
to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are like those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
to notify you about changes to our service;
to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
3.2 Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
To identify you every time you visit our website;
To provide you with the services requested;
To contact you with information we believe will be of interest or of benefit to you such as new or existing services, offers or newsletters, provided by Peter Woods (London) Ltd and/or by associated companies or third parties including a financial services provider.4. Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
If we or substantially all our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Third parties that are essential to completing the lettings process.
Depending on the service that we provide to you (or on your behalf) we may also collect additional personal information as detailed below;
If you are letting a property through us;
- We will collect a contact telephone number, address and email address to get in touch with you about organising viewings and updating you on any offers received or rental applications for your property.
- Where you are not the legal owner of the property we will request details from you as to your ability to let the property such as a Power of Attorney, Guardianship Order or Grant of Probate.
- We will collect your bank account details to arrange onward payment of rent due to you
If you wish to rent a property we are listing;
5. Where we store your personal data
- We will collect a contact telephone number and email address to keep in touch with you about available properties and to arrange viewing.
- If you are a tenant renting under the 'Right to Rent' scheme we will collect details of your Biometric residence card, your immigration status document and/or your birth certificate to carry out our required checks under this scheme.
- If you are renting a property we are acting as letting agents of, we will share your personal data with third party referencing agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime, fraud and/or money laundering and checking your suitability to rent that property.
- Where we are managing property on your behalf we may need to pass your personal information from time to time on to third party contractors whom we have engaged to carry out maintenance on your properties.
- We may also need to share your information with Utility Providers (Gas, Electric, Water and Council Tax Service) and third party supplier such as Inventory Companies. Please be aware that these third parties will have their own privacy policies.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
The period for which we will keep your personal information will depend on the type of service you have requested from us. The retention period may be longer than the period for which we are providing services to you where we have statutory or regulatory obligations to retain personal information for longer period, or where we may need to retain the information in case of a legal claim.6. Your rights
UK data protection law also gives you the right to access your personal information, to object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, and the right to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at the address below.
We hope that we will be able to answer any questions or concerns that you have.
You have the right at any time to raise your concern with the Information Commissioner's Office at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF